International Students’ Part-Time Jobs and Pay in the Australia
All international students can work part-time and full-time in the Australia. Students from non-EU countries can work an average of 10 hours per week during the semester and 20 hours per week during the vacations or semester break, depending on the type of visa they have in the Australia , which is generally a Tier-4 visa. The maximum number of hours you can work throughout the school year is usually written on your visa sticker or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you wish to know the part-time job's salary in the Australia for international students, this blog is a good read for you!
When studying in any country, most international students search for part-time work. The reasons range from financial support to gaining experience to simply passing the time. Students studying in the Australia can lower their school loans and learn new skills by working part-time. This blog is for you if you want to study and work part-time in the Austraila. We address everything connected to part-time work in the Australia for overseas students in this section.
Part Time Job Rules for International Students in the Austraila
While a Australia student visa permits overseas students to work part-time in the Austraila , some restrictions and regulations must be followed. They are listed below.
- You cannot work more than 20 hours per week for a full-time degree programme, i.e. no more than 4 hours per day with weekends off.
- During a language course term, you are not permitted to work more than 10 hours each week.
- If the session is over, you can get a job for 40 hours a week, 8 hours a day, with weekends off.
- You are not permitted to work as a freelancer or on a contract basis.
- You cannot work as a full-time employee for any firm unless you have a post-study work visa.
- Above all, you should be able to strike a work-study balance. Your employment should not interfere with your academic achievement.
- Minimum and maximum part-time jobs salary in the Austraila for international students
- The minimum part-time jobs salary in the Austraila for international students is £6.15 per hour
- The maximum part-time jobs salary in the Austraila for international students is £15 per hour